Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is love?

I was on yahoo answers one night when I came across this question, "I don't know if I love anybody. What is love?"

It got me wondering. I had heard it many times in songs, movies, books etc but I had never really contemplated it. It's like when you get the general idea of something but you couldn't actually answer the question in detail.
So I researched a bit and found bucket loads of shit so I decided to come up with an answer on my own:

Love is different for everyone.

People find it through different ways.
Some might find it through god (religion), attention, luck, or in romantic relationships.
Of course you love your family. Our ultimate experience in life is love. We are made of love, and we know it but we just forget it. Everyone experiences it in different ways including abusive relationships - a man might abuse a woman to teach her to stand up for herself even though he doesn't know that he is actually teaching her out of love. He is performing a service to her that neither of them are aware of.
A deaf person may choose to be deaf to teach themselves to listen to their heart rather than having peoples' judgements determine who we are.
I am still letting the outside world alter my perceptions of health and beauty and life, but that is something I am working on.
i was sitting on the bus the other day when another bunch of students get on. They are all quite noisy but as usual there is one that is particularly. her friends notices this and tells her to quite down but the girl replies by looking at her arm. She reads a quote that is distinctly written in blue pen. At this point I began to pay attention but I can only remember the last line she quoted was, "...[so be yourself] because people don't mind, but those who do mind don't matter"

Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment