Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Segment of life at first day at new school

I dashed to my locker, still with the eager expectation to meet new people, or at least catch up with the buddy assigned to me. adrenaline pumping through my veins. I approach my locker and casually greet the people whom I had been hoping to find. I turn around to put my books in my locker then turn around. What I see next muddles my mind with such confusion that I am too shy to say anything. It is so horrifying that I turn around recapture my thoughts, then turn around again to make sense of the situation. It's still there, pure nothing. Thay had gone. But I am the new girl ! I cried in my head.
So I slowed my pace and walked down stairs to where I see my buddy seemingly looking happy with her friends. At this point in my journey I don't know where everybody sits amond the 160 people in my grade. I walk up to the terraces - no one there, down under the gym- no one there. So, in a confused and mangled state I walk to the bathrooms and find a suitable toilet to sit on. As I lock the door I slump down onto the cold hard plastic and reminise. I reminise about my old school, my old frinds, my old life. This is not what I had chosen! I cried inwards.
So it was there that I sat for the remainder of recess. I ate my food, text my old friends but then I thought to myself, "This is what I had signed up for. Although it was totally unexpected I feel that I can learn from this situation. There is a part of me that feels sorry for myself, sorry because I hadn't made a best friends on the first day, sorry because no one took notice of the new girl among 20 other new students. But there is an equal part of me that knows it is for the greater good."

No comments:

Post a Comment